Thursday 24 May 2007

Devotion #4

Hey commttees how is it going? I trust everyone is on their toes and working real hard for their exams and preparations for the rally. Well, I've decided not to attach any copied devotion from my resource. So, this would be something different. By the way, this devotion is what I've been through these past three weeks.


I believe we as students share the same agony of exams, work loads and so on. I too, am not excluded. For the past three weeks, it has been energy-draining, tiring and not to mention frustrating because the stress level was really overwhelming. I could basically give you the same old no-time 1001 reasons that 'I GOT NO TIME FOR ANYTHING'. I'm, not to mention, worked up and worn out. My heart's cry on that moment was literally "God please spare me from exams!". Sooner, something really unpleasant came right in front of my face. I was struck down by devastation and started doubting God.(God forgive me!)

Until last week, I woke up and read the bible for devotion. While I was praying, God somehow told me that I'm in His blessing list. To my surprise, the first few words that came out of my mind was " Are You sure?", " Am I 50% awake and 50% asleep" . I was a doubting Thomas. Exams came, first as usual I will spend sleepless nights burning the midnight oil, there came my first paper then the next paper, and the next one. Then, the last night before the last paper, I had the most undesirable dream- I dreamt of situations that really pulls me down to the pit and people start saying mean things about me. Honestly, from that dream, it somehow made me reminisce about my past hurts. That long and cruel night, tears just flow out my eyes and deep down I feel worthless. Just imagine how wrong it is to happen at the night before my last paper!

The next morning I again prayed so hard that my emotions will not affect my performance. Then, the one -real-WOW- factor came and sorta gave me a lift. A voice came into my mind and said, " No matter who you are, what you've went through in the past, my love for you is still the same and you are precious in my sight." I felt encouraged and drawn near to Him. Then still, reluctantly I went for my last paper-Biology. There goes my results, and I still wasn't positive but I told God that whatever happens, make me humble and sustain my emotions. Low and behold, .........(you know what to say hehe=) *predictable*)

From that moment, I am reminded again that God gave us good and bad times for a reason. In our good times, we should foster a good relationship with HIm and when life's toughest moments creep in, we know where we stand in Christ. I thank God that through it all He is FAITHFUL. And all in all, he has an awesome plan ahead for u and I (Isa 49:1-7) Therefore I urge all of you to really be bold and stand strong in Him. Pray and read your bibles, strenghten that foundation with Him and then I would dare say WE could smile even through the storms. Always remember that whatever happens He's with us, and we're just His vessels ready to be used. All glory belongs to Him. My prayer to you guys is you will not let your guard down.

Alright, I've said too much =). God bless and continue to press on for more.
Always believe in you guys!

Samson.

No comments: